Portugal | Évora & Lisbon
Visit two fabulous locations in Portugal with this amazing deal to Lisbon and the Alentejo region!
Why we love this deal:
- This travel package takes the stress out of having to plan everything yourself. All you have to do is pack your bags and bring your adventurous spirit;
- Breakfast may be included during your stay, depending on the accommodation selected;
- Enjoy a typical fado show in one of Lisbon's Fado Houses in the famous Alfama district, accompanied by an elegant glass of Portugal's outstanding wine;
- Head to the Elevador de Santa Justa, Cristo Rei and the Moorish São Jorge Castle for some of the most amazing views of Lisbon;
- Go back in time when you visit Évora in the Alentejo region; this old town's historic stone walls have been guarding the streets and buildings practically unaltered throughout the centuries. The entire town of Évora has been an official World Heritage Site, classified as an open-air museum according to UNESCO, since 1986. It is this significant historical and cultural wealth that attracts more and more Portuguese and foreign visitors to come and experience this truly special place year after year;
- You can customize your travel itinerary according to your preferences. Options include: adding additional nights to your stay, car rental, or some other experience to make your itinerary even more unique and special;
- You won't have to worry about anything, as we have taken care of everything for you.
About the Destination:
Lisbon, the cosmopolitan capital of Portugal and Europe's second-oldest capital (after Athens), has now become the new "it" destination for tourists visiting Europe. This is "The City of the Sea", "The City of the Explorers", once home to the world's greatest explorers like Vasco da Gama, Magellan and Prince Henry the Navigator. Lisbon is also the first true world city, the capital of an empire spreading over all continents, from South America (Brazil) to Asia (Macao, China; Goa, India).
The people are charming, the food is some of the best in Europe, and the combination of old cobbled streets with a modern vibe make it a delightful experience for any visitor. Rich in history, architecture, culture and entertainment, this historical capital will surely captivate you.
Enjoy strolling on the black and white mosaic cobblestone sidewalks, large boulevards and quaint alleyways. Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites (Mosteiro dos Jerónimos and Torre de Belém) and the Moorish São Jorge Castle.
Enjoy also a melodic and typically Portuguese fado show in one of Alfama's Fado Houses accompanied by an elegant glass of Portugal's outstanding wine. Of course, a trip to Lisbon would not be complete without a taste of its famous pastries, Pastel de Belem and pastel de nata. Lisbon is a city for all the senses.
The Alentejo region of Portugal is a feast for all the senses, from its northernmost tip to its sunkissed southern shores. While the north offers visitors pastoral scenery, like horses grazing in the flatland, the central portion of the region is marked by the vast plain with rows of cornflowers blowing in the wind. As one makes their way to the Alentejo coast, wild and unmarred natural beauty awaits to awe and inspire.
Not only will the area´s landscapes leave you in awe, but equally delightful are the landmarks and historical cities present in this popular European destination. Cities like Elvas and Evora, which have been classified as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO, whisper of days gone by and are filled with Roman temples, churches, and much more.
While visiting, one must also be sure not to miss sampling the local cuisine, where scented herbs season fish, seafood, and other regional dishes--all of which are often accompanied with excellent regional wines.