Alentejo | 4-Star Évora Boutique Hotel
Go back in time and discover the fantastic history of the UNESCO city of Évora with our travel package!
Why we love this deal:
- This travel package saves you the stress of planning everything by yourself. Simply pack your bags, and don't forget to bring your adventurous spirit;
- You will have the opportunity to stay at the Albergaria do Calvário Boutique Hotel, a 4-star property;
- This elegant hotel with an interior courtyard is just a 13-minute walk from the Bones Chapel, which is replete with skulls and bones, and an 11-minute walk from Evora's Roman Temple;
- Breakfast is included during your stay;
- This travel package includes a VIP welcome offer: a lovely drink to make you feel instantly at home;
- When you buy this travel package, you are simultaneously buying a trip back in time. While in Évora, you will have the opportunity to visit the Roman Temple, the Romanesque-Gothic Cathedral, Saint Francis Church, the Chapel of Bones and the University;
- You can customize your travel itinerary as you wish, adding more nights to your stay, a rental car, or even more experiences--all which will make your trip even more special;
- You won't have to worry about a thing, because we have taken care of everything for you.
About the Hotel:
Albergaria do Calvário Boutique Hotel is a very special unit, located inside the walls of the historic city of Évora on the grounds of a 16th century olive oil press. The small number of rooms (22) gives the accommodation an intimate, close atmosphere, making it the perfect locale for enjoying a fun vacation in the heart of Evora. This elegant hotel, which boasts an amazing interior courtyard, is a mere 13-minute walk from the Chapel of Bones, which is replete with fascinating skulls and bones, and only an 11-minute walk from Évora's Roman Temple.
About the Destination:
The Alentejo region of Portugal is a feast for all the senses, from its northernmost tip to its sunkissed southern shores. While the north offers visitors pastoral scenery, like horses grazing in the flatland, the central portion of the region is marked by the vast plain with rows of cornflowers blowing in the wind. As one makes their way to the Alentejo coast, wild and unmarred natural beauty awaits to awe and inspire.
Not only will the area´s landscapes leave you in awe, but equally delightful are the landmarks and historical cities present in this popular European destination. Cities like Elvas and Evora, which have been classified as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO, whisper of days gone by and are filled with Roman temples, churches, and much more.
While visiting, one must also be sure not to miss sampling the local cuisine, where scented herbs season fish, seafood, and other regional dishes--all of which are often accompanied with excellent regional wines.