Madeira | Getaway to New York (Direct Flights)
Madeira Island and New York City are connected by a direct flight for the first time in history!
Why we love this exclusive deal:
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a truly special and historic moment - a direct flight connection between Madeira Island and JFK airport in New York City;
- This is an invitation to discover a deeply rooted, distinct island culture, which is sure to be an enriching experience that you´ll never forget;
- Despite being on the other side of the ocean from your North American abode, since you will be staying at one of Pestana Group's hotels, you can count on its excellent service, hospitality, and accommodations making you feel right at home;
- There is no other travel package like this one - and no better price offered - for this ultimate getaway to New York. And the best part? No stopovers!
Entering the United States (Covid-19):
- Beginning on November 8, 2021, the United States will reopen its land and air borders to vaccinated international passengers. The U.S. will accept all vaccines that have been authorized by the World Health Organization (WHO), including AstraZeneca's.
- It is also mandatory to bring a negative Covid-19 test made 72h prior to arrival (PCR test) or 48h (antigen).
Flexible Package Policy:
- Cancel up to 30 days before your initial departure date, and you will receive a completely hassle-free refund via the same initial payment method. It's as simple as that -- no questions or complications.
- Portugal Getaways allows changes in names and passengers up until 4 days before the departure date at no additional cost.
- We also allow customers to change their travel dates up to 30 days before the initial departure date at no additional cost.
- Touristic taxes are not included in this deal.
- Don't forget to apply for the ESTA - US Travel Authorisation.
About the Hotels:
Pestana Park Avenue
Enjoying a truly privileged location in Midtown Manhattan, a mere 9-minute walk from the iconic Empire State Building and a 13-minute walk from Times Square, this exquisite 4-star hotel offers impeccable views over New York City.
Its staff -- fluent in Portuguese, English, and Spanish -- is at your service and ready to meet any need, including providing recommendations for the best attractions, the top local restaurants, and the can't-miss things to do to ensure that you experience the true essence of this magical American city.
Pestana CR7 Times Square
With stunning decor giving a nod to traditional Portuguese colors and art, this 4-star hotel nestled in the center of Manhattan is the ideal starting point for those wanting to be right in the heart of all of the non-stop excitement that is New York City. Characterized by its sporty and cosmopolitan style, here you will find every amenity you desire to make you feel right at home instantly and throughout your stay.
About New York City:
New York, New York... The old saying really is true: It's the city that never sleeps!
New York is currently the largest center of finance, media, fashion, research and technology, so it comes as no surprise that this lively locale is often described as the capital of the world. It was also the city that the United Nations selected to place its headquarters.
There are several boroughs or neighborhoods (you could even look at them like tiny, magical cities within a city) in New York -- each of which offers its own distinct and unique style and charms. Ranging from luxury and fashion districts perfectly suited for the diehard shopper at heart to brownstone-bedecked Brooklyn that will make the architecture lovers´ hearts go pitter patter, and even Soho and its eclectic galleries that are sure to woo everyone's inner artist, and so many more -- New York has MORE than a little something for everyone.
Get ready to see the New York of the movies, painted in vibrant autumn colors, covered with Christmas lights, and filled with the joy of its world-famous New Year's celebrations. The holiday season here is indeed magic, but the great news is that its enchanting charms are on display for all to enjoy all year round as well.
Among the city's main points of interest are: Times Square; Central Park; the Statue of Liberty; the Museum of Natural History; The Metropolitan Museum of Art; the 9/11 Memorial and Museum; Brooklyn Bridge; The High Line; Grand Central Terminal; Empire State Building; Rockefeller Center; One World Trade Center and Broadway.