Lisbon & Sunny Algarve | Roadtrip
Whether it's relaxing days spent by the beach or exploring iconic landmarks, this charming part of Europe has something to suit everyone’s tastes!
Why we love this deal:
- The Algarve and Lisbon are the perfect destinations for a memorable roadtrip. With stunning coastlines, breathtaking mountain ranges, vibrant cities, and captivating rural villages, this travel package is sure to delight any traveler.
- The Algarve offers stunning beaches with crystal-clear waters that will make you feel like you're in paradise. Go explore the local culture through ancient towns and villages where time has stood still.
- Lisbon is filled with culture and excitement. From iconic landmarks such as the Jeroóimos Monastery to wandering around its traditional neighborhoods, there's something for everyone in Portugal’s capital city. From bustling nightlife to peaceful walks along the banks of the Tagus River, Lisbon truly has it all!
- We love this deal because it combines two of Portugal’s most popular destinations into one amazing roadtrip experience. And with great value for money, it's an unbeatable offer that no traveler should miss out on.
- Customizable: Add more nights to your stay or even local excursions!
- The itinerary is also available by train! Please reach out to our Customer Support team for further information.
Arrive in Lisbon. Pick up the car rental and drive to the Algarve (173 miles/ 280 km, approximately 3h). Check in at the hotel in the Algarve. Suggestion for the day: explore Lagos. Highlights: Black and White Coffee Shop, Camilo beach, Ponta da Piedade). Sunset in Cabo de São Vicente, Sagres.
Suggestion for the day: Albufeira (city centre and beaches). Highlights include: Albufeira city centre, Pescadores beach, Oura beach, São Rafael beach, Olhos da Água beach, Falésia beach, Marina de Albufeira.
Suggestion for the day: Portimão. Highlights include: Rocha beach, Megalithic Monuments of Alcalar, Vau beach, Fortaleza de Santa Catarina, Alvor beach, Alvor.
Suggestion for the day: Lagoa. Highlights include: Marina beach and rock formations, Benagil Caves and Benagil beach, Nossa Senhora da Rocha beach, Vale Centeanes beach, Carvalho beach, Carvoeiro beach.
Enjoy a wine tour.
Check out from the hotel in the Algarve and drive to Lisbon (173 miles/ 280 km, approximately 3h). Suggested stops on the way: Setúbal (Moscatel wine tasting, Península de Tróia, Cabo Espichel, Palmela castle, Creiro beach) &/or Sesimbra (Califórnia beach, Serra da Arrábida) &/or Almada (Cristo Rei) &/or Cascais.
Check-in at the hotel in Lisbon.
Visit the Chiado, Baixa, Belém and Bairro Alto district (Bairro Alto is known for its nightlife scene). Highlights: São Roque church, São Pedro de Alcântara garden, the ruins of Carmo church, Santa Catarina viewpoint, Luís de Camões Square, Torre de Belém, Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, Pastéis de Belém, Augusta street, Terreiro do Paço, Santa Justa lift.
Suggestion for dinner: Lisbon Fado Night With Dinner
Check out from the hotel in Lisbon. Drop off the car rental at the airport and return flight home.
About the Destinations:
First, you'll visit Algarve, Portugal's premier holiday destination, with its breathtaking cliffs, golden beaches, scalloped bays and sandy islands. With this deal, you will get to know this amazing region, with a Mediterranean climate and a great temperature all year round.
As you travel across the Algarve, amidst its hills and plains filled with places of great ecological interest, rich in biodiversity and ecosystems, you will feel as though you are passing through an area full of different traditions, unchanged for many centuries.
When you're there take time to visit some of the most impressive beaches in Europe or lose yourself in fantastic trails in the middle of nature. When you need a break for lunch or dinner don't forget to try the fresh, and generally good priced fish and seafood.
Next you'll visit Lisbon, a city rich in history, architecture, culture and entertainment. It is a historical capital with a modern and vibrant atmosphere. In your stay in Lisbon, you will surely enjoy strolling on the black and white mosaic cobblestone sidewalks, large boulevards and quaint alleyways while feeling enticed by the city's many street-side cafes and delicious aroma of coffee and pastries.
Enjoy strolling on the black and white mosaic cobblestone sidewalks, large boulevards and quaint alleyways. Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites (Mosteiro dos Jerónimos and Torre de Belém) and the Moorish São Jorge Castle.
Enjoy also a melodic and typically Portuguese fado show in one of Alfama's Fado Houses accompanied by an elegant glass of Portugal's outstanding wine. Of course, a trip to Lisbon would not be complete without a taste of its famous pastries, Pastel de Belem and pastel de nata. Lisbon is a city for all the senses.