Lisbon, Sintra & Óbidos | Fly & Drive
Discover the charms of Lisbon’s charming neighboring areas!
Why we love this deal:
- Start your adventure by flying to Lisbon, where you will pick up your car rental then drive to Sintra for 2 nights. You will then head to awe-inspiring Óbidos before ending your journey in the cosmopolitan capital of Lisbon;
- Sintra, the underrated fairytale wonderland located just a stone´s throw away from Lisbon, is considered to be among the most beautiful cities in the country, and we totally get why. The cultural landscape of Sintra is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, featuring a unique mixture of curved mountains, dewy forests, and architecturally rich gems.
- The medieval town of Óbidos, as well as being among the most picturesque and best preserved cities in all of Portugal, it also has an intriguing history, being one of the very first settlements, its origins dating all the way back to pre-Roman arrival in the Iberian Peninsula!
- The gateway to both the Atlantic and the Mediterranean, Lisbon is a dynamic port city that fuses together two distinct but complementary lifestyles, providing visitors a perfect mix of European culture, cuisine, and cosmopolitan flair. Regal palaces and cathedrals, busy markets and plazas, and quiet city gardens converge to create the unique rhythm of Lisboeta life.
- This itinerary is also available by train! Please reach out to our Customer Support team for further information.
About the Destinations:
Strolling along the capital city´s mosaic sidewalks, you'll likely hear beautiful fado music echoing from tiny tavern patios, see colorful clotheslines strung between open windows, and smell the delicious mix of herbs and garlic wafting through the air from al fresco restaurants in the Alfama quarter or Bairro Alto. And if you appreciate old-world architecture, be sure to visit the Padrao dos Descobrimentos, the Mosteiro dos Jeronimos, and the UNESCO World Heritage site the Torre de Belem.
Historically known as being the illustrious home to Portugal’s most storied monarchs, the town of Sintra is not only historically relevant, but aesthetically speaking, it is a true marvel of magnificence and romantic beauty. This dream destination is also known as being filled with heavenly mansions tucked among rolling green hillsides, and fantastical castles that make you feel as if you have stepped into an actual real-life fairytale, including must-see marvels of the Palácio Nacional de Sintra, Palácio da Pena, Quinta de Regaleira, the Castelo dos Mouros and the Palácio de Monserrate.
The romantic appeal of Obidos — a marvellous medieval town in Portugal chocked full of intriguing history — provides a true experience, as if you have actually stepped back in time to explore the nation’s amazingly rich history. Wandering among this enclave´s charming cobbled streets — flanked by an ancient walled labyrinth — and visiting its magnificent medieval castle will be memories you will never forget.