Madeira | Hiking Adventure
Hit the trails of the lush island of Madeira, considered the World’s Leading Island Destination for the sixth time in a row by the World Travel Awards!
Why we love this exclusive deal:
- Madeira Island is a very special destination, so much so that it was already considered World’s Leading Island Destination 7 times;
- We created a fun-filled hiking itinerary thinking to make the most of your experience in Madeira. If you're an adventurer who loves being outdoors in nature, then this is the perfect package for you! This offer includes 3 full-day hiking tours and a half-day shorter but equally magic nature hike;
- Breakfast may be included during your stay, depending on the accommodation selected;
- With its many gorgeous mountains and waterfalls, it’s no surprise that Madeira has long been referred to as a “hiker’s paradise”. Many of these trails follow the old irrigation canals called “levadas” that were used bring water from the north side of the island to the south. Although still used today, many of these canals are also widely used for walking. No matter your preference or experience level, there are many different types of trails all over Madeira. Beginners or those looking for a more leisurely nature walk should stick to the south side of the island, while those looking for a more exhilarating trekking experience should head north to the mountainous side of the island;
- This travel package takes the stress out of having to plan everything yourself. All you have to do is pack your bags and bring your adventurous spirit.
About Madeira Island:
If hiking and getting out into nature is your idea of an ideal vacation, Madeira is the perfect destination for your next jaunt. The fact that Madeira boasts mild weather and equally mild ocean temperatures year-round only adds to its appeal for hikers, and for anyone looking to experience adventures and the island’s stunning natural beauty, by land or by sea.
Imagine getting out into the great outdoors - hiking, or even biking, through the island’s extensive natural reserve and discovering stunning coastal cliffs with mesmerizing views, cascading waterfalls, and lush laurel forests protected by UNESCO! You can even supplement your hiking adventures with other amazing experiences, like exploring the surrounding seas by kayak, sailboat, jet-ski, or surfboard, or discovering what lies beneath these pristine blue waters with a snorkel or scuba diving excursion! All of that adventurous fun, and more, awaits in sunny Madeira.
And while this may be among your first forays back in the saddle of traveling post-COVID, you can have absolute peace of mind knowing that Madeira is the best spot to start dipping your foot back into the traveling world. This is because Madeira was actually voted as being among Europe's safest travel destinations, which means that you can have absolute confidence knowing that proper safety measures and protocols are being followed to protect you throughout your entire island escape.
So, pack your bags and escape away to magical Madeira. It's time for you to discover why this dreamy island was elected "World's Leading Island Destination" from 2015 to 2020 by the World Travel Awards.
And while we are on the subject of Madeira being a hiker's paradise, one final fun fact is that many of the island´s trails follow the old irrigation canals called “Levadas” that were used to bring water from the north side of the island to the south. Although still used today, many of these canals are also widely used for walking. No matter your preference or experience level, there are many different types of trails all over Madeira. Beginners or those looking for a more leisurely nature walk should stick to the south side of the island, while those looking for a more exhilarating trekking experience should head north to the mountainous side of the island.
Wondering what to pack for your Madeira hiking adventure? No problem, we've got you covered with this shortlist of hiking suggestions:
- Comfortable clothes, weatherproof coat, and hiking boots;
- Backpack with water and snacks;
- Hiking stick;
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat;
- Bathing clothes and towel (to wade and swim in the crystal water waterfalls);
Check out our Madeira Travel Guide for more information and tips!