Madeira | Exclusive Solo Traveler Getaway
For the first time ever, Solo Travelers can discover one of Europe's Safest Destinations via an exclusive non-stop flight for the best price available.
Why we love this exclusive deal:
- This is the first non-stop flight ever from JFK Airport in New York City to Madeira Island, a trip of approximately 6-hours.
- This deal allows you to enjoy a warm getaway in the mid-Atlantic during wintertime in a destination where the cold season actually does not exist. Discover the reason Madeira is known as the Island of Eternal Spring and the best winter destination in Europe!
- Madeira is one of the safest European destinations you can visit today;
- You don't have to pay single supplement to come to Madeira;
- There’s truly no better invitation - and no better price - to discover the Pearl of the Atlantic, an idyllic hidden gem with sunny skies and mild temperatures all year-round.
Madeira is fully open to American travellers!
- If you’re fully vaccinated, just show the CDC vaccination card.
- If you’re non vaccinated, just bring a negative Covid-19 antigen or PCR test, or opt to take a free one upon arrival.
Flexible Package Policy:
- Cancel up to 30 days before your initial departure date and the refund will be made by the same initial payment method, without questions or complications.
- Portugal Getaways allows names and passengers changes up until 4 days before the departure date without any additional costs.
- We also allow customers to change their travel dates up to 30 days before the initial departure date without any additional costs.
About the Destination:
Dubbed the island of eternal spring, Madeira is the perfect setting for anyone looking to reconnect with nature and experience the extraordinary. Boasting mild weather and equally mild ocean temperatures year-round, Madeira offers an endless array of activities for you to discover the island’s stunning natural beauty by land or by sea.
Imagine getting out into the great outdoors - hiking and biking through the island’s extensive natural reserve and discovering stunning coastal cliffs with mesmerizing views, cascading waterfalls, and lush laurel forests protected by UNESCO! Now think about how much fun you will have while exploring the surrounding seas by kayak, sailboat, jet-ski or surfboard, or exploring what lies beneath these pristine blue waters with a snorkel or scuba diving excursion! All of that fun, and more, awaits in sunny Madeira.
And while this may be among your first forays back in the saddle of traveling post-COVID, you can have absolute peace of mind knowing that Madeira is the best spot to start dipping your foot back into the traveling world. This is because Madeira was actually voted as being among Europe's safest travel destinations, which means that you can have absolute confidence knowing that proper safety measures and protocols are being followed to protect you throughout your entire island escape.
So, pack your bags and escape away to magical Madeira. It's time for you to discover why this dreamy island was elected "World's Leading Island Destination'' from 2015 to 2020 by the World Travel Awards.
Check out our Madeira Travel Guide for more information and tips!
About the Hotel Group:
Pestana Hotel Group is an elite brand that boasts nearly every type of property one could dream of. From beach resorts in magnificent places to city hotels with excellent locations, and even unique collections and some historic-inspired properties, the Pestana Hotel Group´s luxurious and chic portfolio spans an impressive 4 continents and consists of more than 50 sophisticated 4 and 5 star stays.
The Savoy Signature Group specializes in offering each and every guest the experience of a lifetime. The Group´s dedication and commitment to quality are beyond compare, and they proudly put their name on every hotel, resort, and guest experience, knowing that guests will be more than happy with every special touch of design or service, and splendid moment spent at any of the stunning Savoy Signature properties. Continuing a now century-old tradition of providing impeccable hospitality, Savoy´s time-honored legacy has earned its destinations rave reviews and kept guests returning year after year. With a growing collection of unique hotels and resorts, each reflecting its own distinctive charms and amenities, guests can always find the perfect fit that ideally reflects their specific desires and wants for their magical vacation.
Add some fun to your trip to Madeira Island:
- We made a carefully curated selection of fun experiences for you to enjoy during your stay in Madeira Island, creating a wonderful itinerary for your European getaway. You can find them all in the next booking step. Options include:
- A safari + Madeira table wine tasting & tapas full day experience -Escape the city and head to the breathtaking valley of Serra d´Água, where after a fabulous photo stop at the Encumeada pass, you´ll get to experience the UNESCO acclaimed largest forest of laurel trees (Laurissilva), go offroad in an open-roofed luxury Land Rover, and visit the fabulous northern vineyards, where you can look forward to having a unique taste of different Madeira Table Wines along with some tapas;
- A mini–combo half-day expedition of a jeep tour + a levada walk - Travel through the astonishing Southeast Coast to visit remote places such as Morena and Santo da Serra -- all combined with a very light and easy levada walk that ends at Machico, the place where the Portuguese landed for the very first time;
- A half day whale watching experience - Welcome to the biggest whale sanctuary in the North Atlantic, where more than 28 species of whales and dolphins can be spotted throughout the year;
- A sunset catamaran trip - Set sail on the calm sea off the Madeiran coastline aboard a luxury catamaran, this remarkable 3-hour trip departs from Funchal and culminates in an epic sunset, which the island is known for. Keep your eyes open, as there is a strong possibility of observing whales and dolphins, and if the weather is especially nice, you may even get a chance to hop in the ocean and go for a swim!
- And to discover the island’s main attractions, a Santana full day excursion with lunch included - This tour reveals the eastern side of Madeira, with main attractions including: Pico do Areeiro, Ribeiro Frio with its trout ponds, the typical straw-roofed houses of Santana, Porto da Cruz, with its beaches facing north and its rum factory, and Caniçal, in the eastern end of Madeira.
- Pick up and drop off at Saccharum Resort & Spa might have an additional cost.*