Madeira | 5-Star Wellness & Nature Retreat
Very Limited Seats! Surprise someone with an amazing vacation in Madeira, World's Leading Island Destination!
Why we love this exclusive deal:
- You’ll be flying non-stop for the first time in history from JFK Airport in New York City to Madeira Island on an approximately 6-hour flight.
- You’ll be staying at one of the island's most prestigious hotels - the Saccharum Resort & Spa, a premium property and a wellness retreat design resort, surrounded by nature and offering direct sea access, and a proud member of the Leading Hotels of the World. Your hotel is located in Calheta, two steps away from one of the island's only sand beaches and only 45 minutes away from the historical center of Funchal - providing the perfect opportunity to escape from the city to a relaxed and quiet area for a while. Isn’t that just what you need? Vegan and ayurveda menus, Yoga & tai-chi classes in panoramic surroundings are also available at the hotel, paired with a rooftop that offers the best sunset views.
- Plus, book an early check in and you'll be treated with a late check out! Breakfast is included during your stay.
- We made a curated selection of romantic experiences to add some extra fun to your trip. You can find them all in the next booking step. Options vary from romantic land and sea sunset tours to short nature trails and fabulous food experiences.
Madeira is fully open to American travellers!
- If you’re fully vaccinated, just show the CDC vaccination card.
- If you’re non vaccinated, just bring a negative Covid-19 antigen or PCR test, or opt to take a free one upon arrival.
Flexible Package Policy:
- Cancel up to 30 days before your initial departure date and the refund will be made by the same initial payment method, without questions or complications.
- Portugal Getaways allows names and passengers changes up until 4 days before the departure date without any additional costs.
- We also allow customers to change their travel dates up to 30 days before the initial departure date without any additional costs.
About Madeira Island:
Dubbed the island of eternal spring, Madeira is the perfect setting for anyone looking to reconnect with nature and experience the extraordinary. Boasting mild weather and equally mild ocean temperatures year-round, Madeira offers an endless array of activities for you to discover the island’s stunning natural beauty by land or by sea.
Imagine getting out into the great outdoors - hiking and biking through the island’s extensive natural reserve and discovering stunning coastal cliffs with mesmerizing views, cascading waterfalls, and lush laurel forests protected by UNESCO! Now think about how much fun you will have while exploring the surrounding seas by kayak, sailboat, jet-ski, or surfboard, or exploring what lies beneath these pristine blue waters with a snorkel or scuba diving excursion! All of that fun, and more, awaits in sunny Madeira.
And while this may be among your first forays back in the saddle of traveling post-COVID, you can have absolute peace of mind knowing that Madeira is the best spot to start dipping your foot back into the traveling world. This is because Madeira was actually voted as being among Europe's safest travel destinations, which means that you can have absolute confidence knowing that proper safety measures and protocols are being followed to protect you throughout your entire island escape.
So, pack your bags and escape away to magical Madeira. It's time for you to discover why this dreamy island was elected "World's Leading Island Destination" from 2015 to 2020 by the World Travel Awards.
Check out our Madeira Travel Guide for more information and tips!
About the Hotel:
Nestled along Madeira’s magical south coast, Saccharum is an idyllic refuge and an ideal escape for any traveler. Perched between stunning mountain scenery and offering ocean views as far as the eye can see, every breath taken here will inspire feelings of peace, serenity, and absolute well-being. Modern luxury and impeccable style are key characteristics of Saccharum, which is built on the site of a former sugar cane mill, offering visitors the perfect combination of charm from the traditional past and comforts and cutting-edge designs and amenities of the present. As you walk around the grounds, you’ll still see signs of the island’s milling and distilling heritage, taking you on a proverbial trip back in time. You will never forget your stay at the Saccharum, an island paradise where serenity meets style and offers all a remarkable and refreshing retreat.
Add some fun to your trip to Madeira Island:
- We made a carefully curated selection of fun experiences for you during your stay in Madeira Island, creating a wonderful itinerary for your European getaway. You can find them all in the next booking step. Options include:
- An Alambique massage for couples at Saccharum Spa - A relaxing and romantic massage perfect for couples awaits.
- A romantic dinner at the hotel - Indulge in an intimate food and wine experience with your better half as you enjoy the exotic Madeiran flavors. You can find the details of the menu in the section below.
- Romantic musical entertainment for your special dinner can also be arranged - Choose your favorite soundtrack to be provided by a violin, a saxophone, or a guitar.
- You can also opt to book a Saccharum Couples' Ritual Massage - Indulge in a bubble bath and body scrub followed by a deep tissue massage with sugar cane sticks.
- A sunset safari to Ponta do Sol - Witness a spectacular Madeira sunset combined with an easy Levada walk and a taste of the island's famous “Poncha” drink
- A combo of Jeep expedition + Picnic + catamaran full day tour - On this amazing trip, you will discover remote villages, like Estreito Câmara de Lobos village, where the finest Madeira wine in the world is produced, and many You will also stop by Boca da Corrida, an amazing viewpoint situated around 1,200 meters above sea level that provides a great view of Curral das Freiras and all the highest mountains of Madeira. Then, following a stop at Câmara de Lobos, the most picturesque fishing village, you will embark on a boat trip to observe wild dolphins, turtles, and whales.
- A safari + Madeira table wine tasting & tapas experience -Escape the city and head to the breathtaking valley of Serra d´Água, where after a fabulous photo stop at the Encumeada pass, you´ll get to experience the UNESCO acclaimed largest forest of laurel trees (Laurissilva), go offroad in an open-roofed luxury Land Rover, and visit the fabulous northern vineyards, where you can look forward to having a unique taste of different Madeira Table Wines along with some tapas;
- A sunset tour onboard yacht Miranda - Ending the day with a toast at sunset is a unique experience in Madeira, and also an unmissable natural phenomenon! This tour is ideal for enjoying with your better half or a group of friends. On the sea, you will not find crowds that spoil the "perfect picture".
- Pick up to and from the experience´s meeting-site we’re suggesting is already included, with the exception of the yacht sunset tour where the meeting point is located 2 minutes walking distance from the hotel.