Madeira | Sea Adventure Week
Very Limited Seats! Let yourself be dazzled by the magical ocean of Madeira, voted the World’s Leading Island Destination for the sixth time in a row, beating destinations like Turks & Caicos and the Maldives!
Why we love this exclusive deal:
- This deal is a Portugal Getaways exclusive specially designed to make your adventure getaway to one of Europe’s most beautiful islands unforgettable. You’ll be flying non-stop from JFK Airport in New York City to Cristiano Ronaldo Airport in Madeira Island on an approximately 6-hour flight;
- Madeira Island is a very special destination, so much so that it was already considered World’s Leading Island Destination 7 times;
- We made a special selection of premium hotels conveniently located in downtown Funchal, near the major cultural attractions of this historical and cosmopolitan city. Your hotel is conveniently located in downtown Funchal, only two steps away from the historical area and main cultural attractions - the perfect location for a relaxing vacation.
- Breakfast is included in your accommodation. But, if you opt to stay at Pestana Grand Premium Ocean Resort, you'll have a half board basis (breakfast + lunch or dinner);
- Regardless of the hotel you chose, you’ll be welcomed with a welcome drink;
- We created a fun-filled sea adventure itinerary to make the most of your time in Madeira Island through this Portugal Getaways exclusive operation. From a swimming with wild dolphins experience to a sunset catamaran tour, and even a Stand-Up Paddle experience in a unique location, our exclusive travel deal has it all.
Madeira is fully open to American travellers!
- If you’re fully vaccinated, just show the CDC vaccination card.
- If you’re non vaccinated, just bring a negative Covid-19 antigen or PCR test, or opt to take a free one upon arrival.
Flexible Package Policy:
- Cancel up to 30 days before your initial departure date and the refund will be made by the same initial payment method, without questions or complications.
- Portugal Getaways allows names and passengers changes up until 4 days before the departure date without any additional costs.
- We also allow customers to change their travel dates up to 30 days before the initial departure date without any additional costs.
About Madeira Island:
With its many gorgeous mountains and waterfalls, it’s no surprise that Madeira has long been referred to as a “hiker’s paradise”, but did you also know that this idyllic island is also a wonderland for avid ocean enthusiasts? It's true! So, if sea-themed adventures are your jam, and getting out into the big blue Atlantic every chance you can get is your idea of an ideal vacation, Madeira is the perfect destination for your next trip! The fact that Madeira boasts mild weather and equally mild ocean temperatures year-round only adds to its appeal to those looking to experience adventures and the island’s stunning natural beauty, by land or by sea.
Imagine getting out into the great outdoors and exploring the surrounding seas by kayak, sailboat, jet-ski, or surfboard, or discovering what lies beneath these pristine blue waters with a snorkel or scuba diving excursion! The options are near endless in Madeira. You can even supplement your sea excursions with other thrilling experiences, such as hiking or biking through the island’s extensive natural reserve and discovering stunning coastal cliffs with mesmerizing views, cascading waterfalls, and lush laurel forests protected by UNESCO! All of that adventurous fun, and more, awaits in sunny Madeira.
And while this may be among your first forays back in the saddle of traveling post-COVID, you can have absolute peace of mind knowing that Madeira is the best spot to start dipping your foot back into the traveling world. This is because Madeira was actually voted as being among Europe's safest travel destinations, which means that you can have absolute confidence knowing that proper safety measures and protocols are being followed to protect you throughout your entire island escape.
So, pack your bags and escape away to magical Madeira. It's time for you to discover why this dreamy island was elected "World's Leading Island Destination" from 2015 to 2020 by the World Travel Awards, beating destinations Like Turks & Caicos and the Maldives.
Check out our Madeira Travel Guide for more information and tips!
About the Hotels Groups:
Pestana Hotel Group is an elite brand that boasts nearly every type of property one could dream of. From beach resorts in magnificent places to city hotels with excellent locations, and even unique collections and some historic-inspired properties, the Pestana Hotel Group´s luxurious and chic portfolio spans an impressive 4 continents and consists of more than 50 sophisticated 4 and 5 star stays.
The Savoy Signature Group specializes in offering each and every guest the experience of a lifetime. The Group´s dedication and commitment to quality are beyond compare, and they proudly put their name on every hotel, resort, and guest experience, knowing that guests will be more than happy with every special touch of design or service, and splendid moment spent at any of the stunning Savoy Signature properties. Continuing a now century-old tradition of providing impeccable hospitality, Savoy´s time-honored legacy has earned its destinations rave reviews and kept guests returning year after year. With a growing collection of unique hotels and resorts, each reflecting its own distinctive charms and amenities, guests can always find the perfect fit that ideally reflects their specific desires and wants for their magical vacation.
Add some extra sea adventures to your trip to Madeira Island:
- We made a carefully curated selection of fun experiences for you during your stay in Madeira Island, creating a wonderful itinerary for your European getaway. You can find them all in the next booking step. Options include:
- A half day swimming with wild dolphins experience (included in this deal) - Picture yourself floating in the middle of the crystal clear, deep blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean while a group of wild dolphins flits by, swirling and twirling beside you, below you, and all around you: This is exactly what you can expect when swimming with dolphins in Madeira.
- A catamaran sunset trip is included in this deal - Enjoy taking in a spectacular sunset while floating in the calm sea off the Madeiran coastline aboard a luxury catamaran. This 3-hour boat tour makes exactly that dream a reality, and even teases the chance of witnessing whales and dolphins, and weather permitting, the chance for a swim in the island´s remarkably warm waters.
- A Stand Up Paddle half day tour in the iconic Baía D’Abra in Ponta de São Lourenço is also included in this deal - These tours are held in the sea, with Stand Up Paddle Boards provided, surrounded by the local beauty and lush landscape of Madeira. Be sure to bring with you for this adventure: A swimsuit/bikini or board-shorts, towel, hat, sun protection, adequate shoes, water, and a light meal/snack. (Note that SUP tours can experience a change of location due to varying weather or sea conditions).
- A full day combo tour of jeep expedition + picnic + catamaran - On this amazing trip, you will discover remote villages, like Estreito Câmara de Lobos village, where the finest Madeira wine in the world is produced, and many You will also stop by Boca da Corrida, an amazing viewpoint situated around 1,200 meters above sea level that provides a great view of Curral das Freiras and all the highest mountains of Madeira. Then, following a stop at Câmara de Lobos, the most picturesque fishing village, you will embark on a boat trip to observe wild dolphins, turtles, and whales.
- A half day private yacht tour over the south coast of Madeira Island - Explore the South coast of Madeira for a few hours. You'll find panoramic views of the coastline, exciting opportunities for dolphin and whale watching, and you can also swim in the Atlantic waters, which boast year-round mild temperatures making them absolutely divine at any time.
- Pick-up to and from the hotel are already included, with the exception of the catamaran sunset trip, where the meeting point is in Marina do Funchal, and the private yacht tour, unless your hotel offers direct access to the ocean. If not, the meeting point is also in Marina do Funchal.