Madeira | Premium Food & Wine Experience
Very Limited Seats! Indulge in the exceptionally flavors of Madeira Island- World's Leading Island Destination, home to world-famous wine!
Why we love this exclusive deal:
- This is the first non-stop flight ever from JFK Airport in New York City to Madeira Island, a trip of approximately 6-hours.
- You'll be staying at the best hotel in Madeira and the #3 in Portugal, according to Readers’ Choice Awards 2021 of the Condé Nast Traveller magazine.
- The Savoy Palace is the most luxurious and exquisite hotel in Madeira, conveniently located in downtown Funchal, offering magnificent ocean views, direct access to the sea and the largest spa in Portugal. This luxury resort hotel is a proud member of the Leading Hotels of the World.
- This exclusive travel package allows you to enjoy the best Madeira Island has to offer in terms of top luxury accommodations and experiences, so take a break from your busy life and escape with this premium adventure to the mid-Atlantic;
- Plus, book an early check in at the Savoy Palace and you'll be treated with a late check out! Breakfast is also included during your stay, setting the pace for another beautiful day in Madeira Island with local flavors;
- For the ultimate grand experience, upgrade your room to a Pool Ocean Suite or the Presidential Suite, as you’ll stay at a premium suite with a private pool right at your balcony.
- This amazing travel package already includes 2 food & wine experiences, allowing you to indulge in the island's authentic cuisine.
Madeira is fully open to American travellers!
- If you’re fully vaccinated, just show the CDC vaccination card.
- If you’re non vaccinated, just bring a negative Covid-19 antigen or PCR test, or opt to take a free one upon arrival.
Flexible Package Policy:
- Cancel up to 30 days before your initial departure date and the refund will be made by the same initial payment method, without questions or complications.
- Portugal Getaways allows names and passengers changes up until 4 days before the departure date without any additional costs.
- We also allow customers to change their travel dates up to 30 days before the initial departure date without any additional costs.
About Madeira Island:
Situated in the Atlantic between Portugal and the coast of Morocco, Madeira is in a unique location at the intersection of many different flavors and influences. What can you expect to find on the menu here? Fresh tuna steak, fried cornmeal, kabobs, breads, mackerel, octopus, homemade couscous, wheat soup, and of course, loads of fresh fruit and delicious Madeira wine! And that´s just for “starters”!
But beyond amazing cuisine, Madeira is also the perfect setting to escape from your everyday life and reconnect with nature, or simply just relax and unwind in a tropical paradise that will make you feel like you are a world away from it all. Boasting mild weather and equally mild ocean temperatures year-round, Madeira offers an endless array of activities for you to discover the island’s stunning natural beauty by land or by sea, including biking, hiking, kayaking, sail boating, jet-skiing, surfing, scuba diving, and much more.
With its exquisite landscapes, delicious cuisine, distinctive culture and traditions, and endless opportunities for adventure, it's easy to see why this dreamy island was elected "World's Leading Island Destination" from 2015 to 2020 by the World Travel Awards.
But back to the food… Want even more sweet and savory staples you can look forward to indulging in while staying in Madeira? How about locally grown bananas that are smaller, but oh so much sweeter than your usual suspects? Or how about Bolo de Caco, a soft traditional bread cooked on a stone slab, a sugarcane honey cake known as Bolo de Mel, molasses cookies called Broas de Mel that will knock your socks off, and a traditional glass of Poncha or world-famous Madeira wine to wash it all down? All of these delicious culinary options - and exciting activities - await you in Madeira.
Check out our Madeira Travel Guide for more information and tips!
About the Hotel:
Guests staying at the Savoy Palace will enjoy a superior 5-star hotel destination that provides the perfect setting for all seeking a relaxing oasis away in the lap of luxury. The perfect blend of refinement, modern comfort, and warm hospitality, Savoy Palace prides itself in its ability to offer each guest a unique and unforgettable experience. Featuring spectacular ocean views and lavish gardens, the hotel design combines a bold and modern style with historic elements--the result of which is absolute perfection.
The Savoy Palace offers guests use of an impressive spa with 11 treatment rooms and a gym, a heated indoor pool, and much more.
Add some more food & wine fun to your trip to Madeira Island:
- We made a carefully curated selection of fun experiences for you to enjoy during your stay in Madeira Island, creating a wonderful itinerary for your European getaway. You can find them all in the next booking step. Options include:
- A full day vineyards & cellars excursion (included) * - Learn about Madeira's wine culture and production process on this incredible tour through vineyards and wine cellars, where you will get to taste fabulous wines and hear the fascinating history behind the island´s world-famous wine. During this tour, you will have the opportunity to see the best of Madeira Island, spanning all the way from the south coast to the north coast, and so much in between. Also included in this fun-filled day is a lovely lunch stop at a typical Madeiran house, where you will enjoy a feast made with local ingredients paired with the best wines of the region.
- A half day food & wine walking tour in Funchal* (included) - This fantastic food and wine tour will take you through the amazing city of Funchal, where you will discover all about Madeira's culture, history, and wines, as well as taste the most traditional and authentic flavors from some local restaurants, factories (think chocolates and cookies!), wine producers, and the local fresh market.
- A half day whale watching experience - Welcome to the biggest whale sanctuary in the North Atlantic, where more than 28 species of whales and dolphins can be spotted throughout the year. This tour will introduce you to it all;
- A half day jeep safari: Sunset Paúl do Mar and local dinner - Enjoy a magical Madeiran sunset at one of the most happening places on the island, the Maktub Surf Bar in Paul do Mar (Calheta)! Much more than a bar, Maktub has a unique sort of magic and is the perfect spot to take in the beauty and wonder of one of the most amazing sunsets in Madeira. While here, be sure to try the mojito or the rum, while enjoying some reggae, of course.
- A full day jeep safari: Santana route with lunch included - This tour will introduce you to the ethereal eastern side of Madeira. The main attractions you can look forward to experiencing include: Pico do Areeiro, Ribeiro Frio with its trout ponds, the typical straw-roofed houses of Santana, Porto da Cruz with its beaches facing north and its rum factory, and Caniçal, located in the eastern end of Madeira.
- A full day jeep safari: Porto Moniz with lunch included - This jeep tour takes you through the western part of Madeira and will introduce you to major highlights, such as Paul da Serra, the biggest plateau in Madeira, Porto Moniz, and Seixal, known for their natural swimming pools, and São Vicente, where you can visit actual volcanic caves.
- A safari + Madeira table wine tasting & tapas experience - Leaving the city and heading to the west side of the island, our destination is the breathtaking valley of Serra d´Água. Crossing the valley and climbing up toward the Encumeada Pass at a height of 1000m above sea level offers a phenomenal view of the North and South coasts, as well as the valleys of Ribeira Brava and São Vicente. After this fabulous photo stop, you will stop at the small village of Lameiros, where you will then be taken off the beaten path in an unforgettable Land Rover Open Roof vehicle through the “Laurissilva” forest. A stop at Madeira´s fabulous northern vineyards for a unique taste of different Madeiran Table Wines and some tapas end your tour on a deliciously sweet note.
- Pick up and drop off to and from the experiences' meeting-sites we’re suggesting is already included (except for the vineyards and cellars excursion and the food and wine walking tour in Funchal, where the meeting point is at Madeira Wine Tours shop in Rotunda do Infante, Funchal).