Lisbon & Lush Madeira Island
Combine Portugal's bustling capital with the lush island escape of Madeira!
Why we love this deal:
- This package provides a glimpse into two incredibly unique Portuguese destinations, bringing together the cobblestoned, cosmopolitan offerings of Lisbon with the nature-filled and oceanic adventures of Madeira Island.
- Boasting mild weather all year, unique traditions and culture, delicious cuisine, stunning landscapes, exotic flora, and offering a variety of water and mountain sports, Madeira Island is a prestigious and multi-faceted European vacation destination. Go hiking on the island’s extensive natural reserve and discover coastal cliffs with mesmerizing views, waterfalls and lush laurel forests protected by UNESCO, then watch the sunset from a seaside terrace while sipping on the famous Madeira wine.
- In Lisbon, you can stroll along the waterfront promenade enjoying views of the Arco da Rua Augusta, listen to a typical fado show in one of Lisbon's Fado Houses in the Alfama district, relax with a glass of Portuguese wine and incredible sunset views from Castelo de São Jorge, or even explore the historic center of Belém
We recommended booking an early check-in and airport transfers in advance.
Take the afternoon to stroll around Lisbon’s city streets.
Visit the Chiado, Baixa, Belém and Bairro Alto district (Bairro Alto is known for its nightlife scene). Highlights: São Roque church, São Pedro de Alcântara garden, the ruins of Carmo church, Santa Catarina viewpoint, Luís de Camões Square, Torre de Belém, Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, Pastéis de Belém, Augusta street, Terreiro do Paço, Santa Justa lift. Or book here your Lisbon Foodie Walking Tour.
Suggestion for dinner: Lisbon Fado Night With Dinner
The Alentejo region of Portugal is a feast for all the senses, from its northernmost tip to its sunkissed southern shores. While the north offers visitors pastoral scenery, like horses grazing in the flatland, the central portion of the region is marked by the vast plain with rows of cornflowers blowing in the wind. As one makes their way to the Alentejo coast, wild and unmarred natural beauty awaits to awe and inspire.
- Sé Cathedral
- Roman Temple
- Capela dos Ossos
- Giraldo Square
- Évora university
- Água da Prata aqueduct
- Cromlech of Almendres
Or book here your Évora guided tour.
Another suggestion: Visit Sintra
Long known as one of Portugal´s most amazing destinations, and easily considered one of the most gorgeous and unique locales in the entire world, Sintra absolutely deserves a top spot on your must-see Portugal travel itinerary. Just a stone´s throw away from the exciting capital of Lisbon, you will instantly fall in love with Sintra’s fairytale castles, idyllic and enchanting gardens, and so much more. After a visit to this Portuguese wonderland, you will feel as if you have stepped into another world entirely – it´s that wondrous and surreal!
- Pena Palace
- Quinta da Regaleira
- Monserrate Palace
- Sintra National Palace
- Moorish Castle
- Sintra’s Old Town
Or book here your Sintra escorted experience.
We recommended booking an early check-in and airport transfers or getting a car rental.
Take the afternoon to stroll around Funchal’s historical streets and gardens.
- Monte Palace Tropical Garden
- Madeira Botanical Garden
- Funchal Cable Car
- Church of Nossa Senhora do Monte
- Monte Toboggan Ride
- São Tiago Fortress
- Mercado dos Lavradores
- Ribeira Brava
- São Vicente
- Porto Moniz
- Ponta do Sol
Or book here your southwest guided tour.
- Pico do Arieiro
- Ponta de São Lourenço
Or book here your full-day guided tour.
Situated in the Atlantic between Portugal and the coast of Morocco, Madeira is in a unique location at the intersection of many different flavors and influences. What can you expect to find on the menu here? Fresh tuna steak, fried cornmeal, kabobs, breads, mackerel, octopus, homemade couscous, wheat soup, and of course, loads of fresh fruit and delicious Madeira wine!
- Safari + Madeira Table Wine Tasting & Tapas
- Vineyards and Cellars Full-day Tour
- Visit to the Vineyards with Wine Tasting & Lunch
About the Destination
Our flight and hotel package takes you also to exquisite Madeira - the Atlantic's pearl. With great warm weather all year round, a unique history and a ton of new flavors to explore, Madeira is the perfect combination to your Atlantic island vacation. Full of culture, amazing hiking possibilities and friendly locals, Madeira is a great island destination. Marvel at its scenic cliff views and enjoy the thrilling experience of coming down a hill on a traditional wicker toboggan. Taste the exotic fruits of Madeira and enjoy its delicious cuisine. Relax at a natural swimming pool and just have a grand time.
Check out our Madeira Blog for more informations and tips!
With friendly locals, exquisite cuisine, sunny skies, charming cobbled streets and a modern vibe, Lisbon is a delightful experience for any visitor. Rich in history, architecture, culture and entertainment, Lisbon has many highlights and places to visit. Lisbon is quite hilly with several viewpoints located across the city from where you can enjoy stunning views of the city and of the Tagus River. Do visit the Cristo Rei and the Moorish São Jorge Castle for some of the most amazing views of Lisbon.
Enjoy also a melodic and typically Portuguese fado show in one of Alfama's Fado Houses accompanied by an elegant glass of Portugal's outstanding wine. Of course, a trip to Lisbon would not be complete without a taste of its famous pastries, Pastel de Belem and pastel de nata. Lisbon is a city for all the senses.
Pack your bags and come travel with us to two incredible European cities!